Billing FAQs

  • Our billing office submits claims for services to insurance companies, government programs (i.e. Medicare and Medicaid) or any other appropriate payer indicated by you. All charges are filed with the appropriate carrier on a weekly basis. The billing office staff will verify the completeness of necessary billing information and supply all the necessary information to the payers to process and pay your claims.

  • During your course of radiation therapy we have Office Coordinators and Insurance Specialists available to meet with you. These staff members are available to discuss your insurance benefits relating to radiation therapy and will answer any questions you may have relating to balances for which you are responsible.

  • You will receive statements from TRI, P.A. and the hospital where your radiation treatments were performed. TRI P.A. will send you a statement every 30 days depending on when your insurance company pays on your claims.

Will my Medicare cover my radiation treatments?
Yes, your Medicare will cover your radiation treatments. Medicare allows 80% of the allowable fees, which would leave your responsibility at 20% of the allowable fees.

Will my secondary pay what Medicare does not?
Yes, if your benefit plan covers the entire Medicare allowable. If you request, our billing staff will be happy to verify your coverage.

I only have Medicare. Before I start my treatment, can I find out what I would owe my radiation oncologist after my Medicare pays?
With the assistance of your radiation oncologist, our Office Coordinators or Insurance Specialists will be happy to give you an estimate of what your course of therapy will cost. We are then able to calculate an estimate of what Medicare will pay, which is 80% of the allowed amount. You will be responsible for the remaining 20% of that allowed amount.

I do not have any insurance coverage. Can I make any kind of financial arrangement with TRI, P.A.?
Yes, we offer a flexible payment plan. We also work closely with our affiliated hospitals to assist in an application for medical assistance, if applicable.

Can I find out what my insurance company will pay on my radiation treatments?
Yes, our Office Coordinators or Insurance Specialists will be happy to assist in the verification of your coverage. We will require a copy of your appropriate insurance card(s).

Do I need a referral for my radiation therapy?
If your insurance plan requires that you establish a relationship with a Primary Care Physician (PCP), you will need a referral for your initial consultation. If your radiation oncologist determines treatment is necessary after your initial consultation, the treating facility personnel will obtain all precertifications and/or prior authorizations.

Our Insurance Specialists are available five days a week to answer your questions. You are also welcome to call the TRI billing office at 816-313-2677 or, for long distance callers 1-888-655-0327 between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm (CST).

Our Mission

To provide leadership and excellence in the care of cancer patients while responding to the changing needs of patients,
physicians, health care facilities and agencies in the greater metropolitan Kansas City area.